Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r2282 - trunk/debian/xorg/debian

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 11:36 +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> El lunes, 5 de junio de 2006 00:36, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
> escribió:
> > Author: josh
> > Date: 2006-06-04 18:36:54 -0400 (Sun, 04 Jun 2006)
> > New Revision: 2282
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/debian/xorg/debian/changelog
> >    trunk/debian/xorg/debian/control
> > Log:
> >
> > * Add conflicts on the old non-free package xv, no longer in Debian,
> >   which broke upgrading on at least one system.
>
> 	No, wait.  The only weird things that we supported in Conflicts were upgrades
> from preliminar Ubuntu packages, I guess due to the big amount of Debian
> users that tried them.
>
> 	Why should we conflict with it, given that it is no longer in Debian? We do
> not support upgrades from more than one release back.

As upgrades don't automatically remove packages that are no longer
available, I don't think that's the point here. The point is to try and
prevent upgrades from breaking in unpleasant ways. We won't be able to
catch all of these, but we can still try to catch as many as possible.