Bug#369167: DRI probably broken: where to reportbug
- To: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Bug#369167: DRI probably broken: where to reportbug
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:32:32 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20060529235751.GA3076@localhost>
- References: <20060526233854.GA3129@localhost> <email@example.com> <20060528145748.GA20333@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060529235751.GA3076@localhost>
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 01:57 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:53:39AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Does any of the following make a difference?
> > * Commenting out Option "AGPMode", "EnablePageFlip" or
> > "BackingStore".
> > * Not loading the "ddc", "int10", "vbe" and "v4l" modules in
> > Section "Module".
> After commenting *everything* you mentioned above and enabling the
> DRI load, a '/etc/init.d/kdm start' crashes the system:
Hmm, then it's not likely a configuration issue. Would be great if you
could try with the DRM from DRI CVS, see
> BTW: Is it possible to ssh into such a crashed system/machine and shut
> it down cleanly instead of stupidly pressing the power button I was
> doing so far after these crashes?
Depends how hard the crash is. Would be interesting to know at any rate.
Even if it doesn't work, ctrl-option-power (IIRC, and don't want to
verify right now ;) might reset the machine slightly more gracefully.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer