Re: libxpm-dev in amd64 testing?

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 11:05:03PM +0200, Hans Blom wrote:
> Hello Debian X Developers,
>
> Would it be possible to add the "libxpm-dev" package also to the
> "testing" distribution for "amd64"? According to
>
>     http://packages.debian.org/testing/libdevel/libxpm-dev
>
> this package is not yet available for AMD64, although it seems to be
> already in the "unstable" distribution for that architecture. Or are
> there problems related with it?

The version of this package that exists in unstable pre-depends on
x11-common to set certain things up. The source package for x11-common is
not yet ready to migrate in to testing on any architecture, including
AMD64. We're actively working on making this possible though. Once this
package can migrate in, the libraries, including libxpm-dev, should follow.

 - David Nusinow