Re: 6.8.2 packages available anywhere?

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> You'll run into DRI version skew, and consequently be stuck with
> software rendering, unless you downgrade (and hold back)
> xlib(os)mesa-* in addition to xserver-xorg(-dbg).  Apart from that, I
> haven't encountered any problems with mixing and matching versions.

Well it's not as if direct rendering is working at all in 6.9.0 anyways. So,
eh...

The alternative is trying to build xorg CVS. There is a patch for bug #5443
and if I merged in the xorg CVS drivers for r300 and ivtv then I would be
pretty much in business.

But what would I have to do to merge in CVS code and build debian packages?

I build custom versions of a few other packages that I use but the X packages
certainly are a bridge further.

--
greg