Re: ITPs

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:40:00PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 21:51 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> >
> >    In case you're not following -devel, I just ITP'ed xgl, compiz,
> > glxcompmgr, and xephyr for the XSF.
>
> Cool, but doesn't compiz kinda obsolete glxcompmgr? :) In contrast to
> the former, the latter certainly doesn't build against proto/GL HEAD
> currently...

Well, compiz is a composite manager and a window manager where glxcompmgr
is just a composite manager, so people running like fluxbox will want
glxcompmgr. Or at least that's what I gathered...

> > I forgot to cc this list for two of those, hence the notice. If anyone
> > wants to get started on them, feel free, but be aware that you need Mesa
> > HEAD for xgl and maybe compiz. I'm planning to start on them once we
> > have solid modular packages going.
>
> Xgl will also require a current version of glitz.

Ok, good to know. Fortunately, there's no rush. I'm not in any hurry to get
this moving given that we still have to finish 7.0 and look forward to 7.1
:-)

 - David Nusinow