Driver "evdev" + /dev/input/... hangs system

I'm using x.org 6.9 and had to change xorg.conf to use my Logitech mouse. Driver "evdev", Device "/dev/input/cclick".
/dev/input/cclick is created by udev every time I attach the USB-Reciever.

The problem is that starting of x.org blocks every input, when the reciever is not present and removing it while the xserver is running, makes the mouse pointer hang.

I don't know, whether the "evdev" approach is to new (to be working), or not the right one for my specific problem, but I'd at least like to get rid of the input-hangs-system bug. But - I don't know where to start searching for a solution...

Greets,
Alex