Mesa Transition

Hi all,
   This morning I realized that there's a transition I'd forgotten about
that we'll need to put the archive through for 7.0. As the subject says,
that's the mesa transition. Since all of our xlibs*mesa packages and such
are going away in favor of those built from the mesa source package, we're
going to have to transition everyone over to the standalone mesa packages.

   I'm working on lists of packages that depend and build-depend on the Xorg
mesa packages right now so we have something concrete to send out to
people. We'll probably have to do another mass bug filling, like with
xlibs-dev, and it should be about as easy as with xlibs-dev, since people
can just substitute the old lib for the new one. Fortunately, xlibs-dev
went fast, and I think we can get an equally fast one for these packages.

   I'm planning on informing the release team about this soon, but I'd like
to hear comments from everyone here on this. We can feasibly provide
transitional packages from the mesa source package, but I'd personally
rather just do this cleanly and force everyone over to the new packages.
Thoughts?

 - David Nusinow