why I can't rebind NumLock to a different key?

Because I want the physical NumLock key to do something else, I have
rebound it with:

keycode 77 = Undo

in .xmodmap

Now I want to bind have NumLock somewhere else, so I thought I'd bind it
to the right "Win" key like this:

keycode 116 = Num_Lock

When I start xev and press the right "win" key, it indeed shows Num_Lock
bound to it. But Num_Lock is not activated (i.e. the LED doesn't light,
and the relevant keys move the cursor instead of typing numbers). What's
wrong?

--
Miernik             _________________________  xmpp:miernik@amessage.info