XSF Homepage -> wiki.debian.org

Hi everyone,
   I've been thinking for a long time about this, but I figured I'd send
the thought to the list for any enterprising interested reader to pick up
on. If no one is interested enough to do this, I plan to get it done once
I'm happy with the modular packages, but I'd *love* to see it done sooner.

   The XSF homepage has basically lived at
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ for a long time. For fairly obvious
reasons, this might not be the best place for it at present. Now that
wiki.debian.org has come online, I think this is the best place for it.

   The installer team has made extensive use of the wiki, and I think it'd be
wise for us to do the same. This would allow anyone to write to things like
the FAQ for example, if we kept a copy there. This is something I'd love to
encourage. Since X is such a massive beast, there's poorly documented lore
that people might appreciate putting in a wiki. Asking and encouraging
people to document their findings there, rather than buried in a mailing
list post somewhere might go a long way to helping document the system. I'm
not sure how to encourage users to get involved directly in working on the
wiki, but this would at least provide the opportunity.

   The ultimate result of this would be to lower the barriers for someone
to help with the project, and also to demonstrate the XSF is really
integrated with Debian, at least so much as we keep our documentation on a
debian.org address.

   If anyone has any thoughts on this, let me know, even if to say that you
just think it's a good idea and would like to see it, but won't do it
yourself :-) If you do want to do it, just go for it! The basic outline is
to replicate the current homepage on the wiki, and add in the FAQ and any
other relevant docs you can think of. And let me know so I don't have to
worry about doing it in a few months :-)

 - David Nusinow