New flag for update-fonts-dir (was Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r923 - branches/modular/font/xfonts-100dpi/debian)

El martes, 6 de diciembre de 2005 06:14, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
escribió:
> Author: dnusinow
> Date: 2005-12-06 00:14:23 -0500 (Tue, 06 Dec 2005)
> New Revision: 923
>
> Added:
>    branches/modular/font/xfonts-100dpi/debian/fonts.alias
>    branches/modular/font/xfonts-100dpi/debian/xfonts-100dpi.postinst.in
>    branches/modular/font/xfonts-100dpi/debian/xfonts-100dpi.postrm.in
> Modified:
>    branches/modular/font/xfonts-100dpi/debian/rules

	Now that you are touching fonts, I am going to remember us a thing that is
flying inside my mind since two weeks ago.

	The current fonts packages have a slight removal problem, a problem that
piuparts only made more visible, and is derived from the fact that
update-fonts-dir (or whatever) runs in every postinst, creating a fonts.dir
in every directory, and the removal of fonts packages leaves the directories
behind because of this single file. I remember to send mail from Keith
Packard months ago in the list, and he proposed a nice workaround, either
remove it with a new flag in update-fonts-dir or remove the file if there are
no fonts in the directory. It seems to be a simple patch, but I have not had
time to write it, so I describe it here if someone wants to take the job.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Los sistemas me pasado los correos de las personas contradas pero los
@red.es.