Re: 6.8 Freeze and 6.9

David Nusinow wrote:

> I haven't had time to look at 7.0 yet, although I've talked to Daniel about
> it a little bit. I want to get to work on it as soon as 6.9 has entered
> basic maintainance mode. That's a little ways off, so we don't have to
> think about it yet, but we need to start heading that way as soon as
> possible. The modular packages are the forseeable future, so our time is
> much better spent polishing those than the 6.8/6.9 series.

Do you anticipate that the whole X StrikeForce will collectively
maintain all the modular packages, or might they be split off to be
maintained separately by interested individuals? My guess is the
team-work is working well now, and will continue to work well with the
modularised packages.

Once Xprint gets modularised (meaning it will be part of the
xserver-xorg module), I suspect it will be the best thing to retire my
separate Xprint source, which will have become outdated by then, and
join forces to Play Nicely with the xserver-xorg package maintainer,
producing xprint as well as xserver-xorg binary packages from it (just
as xdmx, xvfb, xnest, etc are already).

Drew