Re: X.Org experimental packages.

El Jueves, 4 de Agosto de 2005 20:12, David Nusinow escribió:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:27:02PM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> > 	Hello to all. I have built 6.8.2.dfsg.1-4+SVN, with an snapshot from
> > yesterday, and additionally with a backport of Savage driver from HEAD.
> > The URL for the packages is:
>
> Why don't you commit the backported driver?

	Well, I could aduce some technical reasons, but it is simpler.

	I do not know exactly what I am doing while backporting things. I am not a
real programmer, and I learn by trial and error. I began trying to help a
Savage user bitten by the driver age. Then I began to use the quilt system.
And I found the nice world of backporting. Error, errors, errors. And this
was my first backport.

	Since I am not very fluent in C, and worse, in high-level C like in kernel or
X, I am very unsure about my achievings. I thought that maybe putting the
packages in a public place some nice souls would test them, like the Savage
user.

	You all, Michel, Daniel, you, Nathanael, Eugene, Nikita...it seems that you
do what you want, and that you know what the heck are you doing. I feel blind
backporting things, because I do not know what I am really doing by
#ifdef'ing some lines of code in the n-th non-compiling file, or playing with
Imakefiles. I feel *so* lost when I read some of your explanations...

This is the reason.

	It should be a Friday's crisis. Do not worry.

	If I decide to commit the Savage thing, I would like to add the missing DRI
part (if I am able to) before.

	Respectfully,

		Ender.
--
Buzz Lightyear: You killed my father!
Emperor Zurg: No, Buzz...I am your father.