Re: ALT GR + <key> doesn't work

2005/8/1, Paolo Pantaleo <paolopantaleo@gmail.com>:
> In italian keyboard layout to generate @ and some other chars you need to use
> ALT GR + some other key.
>
> Now on my Debian stable it is not working, i installae it few days
> ago, th problem is present only in X server (XFree86 obviusly). My
> XF86Config-4 file contains this:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>        Driver          "keyboard"
>        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>        Option          "XkbLayout"     "it"
>        Option          "XkbVariant"    "it"
> EndSection
>
> I looked a bit around and this doesn't seem to be for my mistake. Is
> it rather a bug of X system?
>

> Thnx
> Paolo Pantaleo

I think that could be interestring to know (at least I do not know
that) if this ALT GR is a my own problem or is a problem on all
italian / non us keyboards. If it is a particular problem of my
configuration, well maybe it is not so important

Anyway, since now there is the risk that i really messed up things, i
will go back to stable installation, and i hoep i will have the same
problem :)

PAolo