Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r372 - trunk/debian

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:58:57AM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> El Lunes, 18 de Julio de 2005 21:50, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
> escribió:
> [...]
> > -xorg-x11 6.8.2-2 (unstable)
> > +xorg-x11 6.8.2-5 (unstable)
>
> 	Why -5? :-)

Because the first priority is to get the thing to build on all arches.
These stupid MANIFEST changes are something you only really have to do
once, but they need to be done to unblock a lot of things.

> > -* Drop the Debian woody->sarge transitional packages:
> > -  + xlibmesa3
> > -  + xlibmesa3-dbg
> > -  + xlibmesa-dev
> > -  + xlibs-dbg
> > -  + xlibs-dev
> > -  + xlibs-pic
> > -
>
> 	This is not yet done. I do not see the point of removing it.

These xlibmesa packages are gone and I haven't decided what to do about
xlibs-* yet. Transitioning the whole archive off them will take an enormous
amount of work that's not that critical right now. Maybe for the modular
tree, but I don't think that should be on the TODO list for the monolithic
tree at all.

 - David Nusinow