Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r331 - trunk/debian

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 07:55:20PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Author: dnusinow
> Date: 2005-07-11 19:55:12 -0500 (Mon, 11 Jul 2005)
> New Revision: 331
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/debian/changelog
> Log:
> - Move fixes since -1 packages were built to -2. They'll be in that
>   release.

So here's the deal: it turns out that gcc4 isn't a blocker to X.Org after
all, so I was given the go-ahead to upload the packages. Unfortunately, I
didn't have any built with the newest revisions made.

The other major issue, which I neglected, was that we didn't have MANIFEST
files for each port. Only some of them were up to date. The package build
will fail on any arches which don't have an up to date manifest file. So
the plan became the following: to upload the -1 packages I built a while
ago, and let them fail. The output of the fail logs will give us what we're
missing in the MANIFEST files for each arch that it fails on. When all the
builds are done, I'll update the MANIFESTs for each arch, rebuild and
reupload.

Now that I understand this problem with the MANIFESTs I can prevent it in
the future (assuming we keep using them when the tree is modularized) but
for now I hope everyone forgives me for not managing this properly.

 - David Nusinow