Screen rotation

--- Erhalten von  SYSUEXT.UE05588 0512 20 49 56              23.06.05 09.06

Hi

I need to rotate the screen by 180 degrees on a i386 maschine installed
with sarge. The graphic card and the driver does not support rotation. By
googeling around I have found out that there is this xrandr extension to X
which supports screen rotation without the need of hardware or driver
support. But there is almost no information on how to do it. So the
question is:

What software (inkl. version numbers) do I have to install and how does it
have to be configured to make screen rotation *on the fly* possible?

Thank you
Regards Roland

  -> debian-x@lists.debian.org