Re: Where Are We Now?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:48:37PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Thanks to all the work Branden did while I was on "vacation", I'm proud
> to announce that I'm finally running X.Org packages straight from our own
> repo. All the target goals for first upload to experimental have been met,
> so I plan to re-build the packages later tonight with the change I just
> made to the control file (the only snafu I found when installing) and then
> try and test them using an actual install from an apt repo rather than my
> dpkg exercise of annoyance. If all goes well, I think we'll be ready to
> upload the first round to experimental. Is there anything else that we need
> to get done before this that wasn't on the TODO list?

I'm currently running the latest versions of the packages. I did the update
test both via dpkg -iO and upgrading from a local repo in a sid chroot and
both tests went fine. If there are no objections, I'd like to upload the
packages I have to experimental tonight. I'll need to commit a changelog
update (using my name so I could sign it, and also removing the +SVN from
the version) but other than that, we're ready to go.

 - David Nusinow