Re: Warning in XFree86.0.log

nuno romano wrote:
> (WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or
> dir...)
> Couldn´t open RGB_DB ´/usr/X11R6/lib/X11`
>
> Note:In the config file I put,
>
>                          .
>                          .
>                          .
>               RgbPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11" because I
>               found there the file rgb.txt,which is a
>               link that points to /etc/X11/rgb.txt
>
> The problem probably is here.So,how can I fix this?

These are two separate problems.

To fix the RGB issue, note that RgbPath does not specify only the
directory containing rgb.txt, but the actual path to rgb.txt itself,
minus the .txt: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb .  More importantly, this is the
default value, so you don't need to specify it at all.

For the APM issue, I'm not a PPC expert, but IIRC APM is not actually
available on PPC.  PPC instead uses the PMU, which has an optional APM
emulation layer.  I don't know if X can use PMU directly, or if you need
to enable the emulation layer.  Either way, this is only a warning, and
just indicates that X won't be able to do some power management via the
DPMS extension.

- Josh Triplett