Re: xkb error

Aldo Maggi wrote:
> thanks also to daniel stone!
> i followed the above procedure and everything worked :-)
> thanks and again bear with me if i disturbed you in debian-x, which is
> not the place where common users should apply.
>
> aldo

I have noticed similar problem, unfortunately Daniel's advice didn't
help. There was lots of messages confile is missing after
dpkg -i --force-confmiss /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_*_all.deb, but
still I get this error message:

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- - a bug in libxklavier library
- - a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- - X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The XFree86 Project, Inc
40300001
You are using XFree 4.3.0.
There are known problems with complex XKB configurations.
Try using simpler configuration or taking more fresh version of XFree
software.
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- - The result of <b>xprop -root | grep XKB</b>
- - The result of <b>gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd</b>.

When I do the requested i get:

gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
 layouts = [cz	cz,cz	basic,us]
 model = pc104
 overrideSettings = false
 options = [grp	grp:alts_toggle]
xprop -root |grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc104", "cz", "cz", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc104", "cz", "cz", "".

I use gnome 2.10 from experimental without any other problem, the rest
is sid on 386.

Please, can someone give me a hand?

Many thanks

Vlada

- --
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka
Klukovicka 1530
155 00 Praha 5 - Stodulky
Czech Republic
e-mail: kerka@dinmont.cz
        kerka@chello.cz
web:    www.dinmont.cz

NOTE: rm -rf /bin/ladin
Nedostavam a nerozesilam viry, protoze nepouzivam M$ Windows