Russian encodings for fonts

Dear X Developers!

[Please Cc to me]

I am the maintainer of cm-super(-x11), a set of fonts originally
developed for TeX, but also useful for X11.

I ship the fonts in design sizes of 10pt only, not the ones for other
design sizes (as no application does support this till now).

The fonts support various different encodings, from the README file:

----- README ----
...  All European and Cyrillic writings
are covered. Each Type 1 font program contains ALL glyphs from the
following standard LaTeX font encodings: T1, TS1, T2A, T2B, T2C, X2,
and also Adobe StandardEncoding  ....
-----------------

I generate the fonts.scale file with mkfontscale and I get entries for
	adobe-standard
	ascii-0
	iso10646-1
	iso8859-1
	iso8859-9
	iso8859-15
	koi8-ru
	koi8-r
	koi8-u
	microsoft-cp1252
ONe bug reporter mentions other encodings

--- bug reporter ----
Other Debian font packages, such as t1-cyrillic use this feature and
provide koi8-r, microsoft-cp1251 and iso8859-5 fonts from the same pfb
file. But cm-super-x11 doesn't provide microsoft-cp1251 and iso8859-5
encodings.
---------------------

Now I don't find microsoft-cp1251 and iso8859-5 in the encodings subdir
of X11/fonts.

Thus my question: Can I savely add these encodings for all the fonts
which already have koi8-r? And if not, how can these encodings be
checked by mkfontscale (-a didn't seem to work).

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
CORRIEVORRIE (n.)
Corridor etiquette demands that one a corriedoo (q.v.) has been
declared, corrievorrie must be employed. Both protagonists must now
embellish their approach with an embarrassing combination of waving,
grinning, making idiot faces, doing pirate impressions, and waggling
the head from side to side while holding the other person's eyes as
the smile drips off their face, until with great relief, they pass
each other.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff