Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r626 - trunk/debian

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 08:55 -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
wrote:
> Change xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-dbg's recommendation of "discover1"
> to "discover | discover1".  These packages' configure scripts detect both
> utilities, and use whichever one is found, so there's no reason to compel
> users to have discover1 in particular installed (as aptitude does, since
> it treats recommends like depends by default).

Indeed, the motivation for this change when I did it with Ubuntu was
because we only have discover1 in our base system, not discover, so it's
rather inapplicable to Debian in that regard.