Digging a few feet for xlibs-dev

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:57:59PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Author: dnusinow
> Date: 2005-09-01 22:57:53 -0500 (Thu, 01 Sep 2005)
> New Revision: 578
>
> Modified:
>    branches/6.9/debian/changelog
>    branches/6.9/debian/control
> Log:
> * We no longer build or ship xlibs-dev

That's right everyone. We have a deadline for the transition and that's the
upload of 6.9 to unstable. I'll be sending out a mail to -devel-announce
once the various transitions in progress have calmed down somewhat,
requesting that people start to update their build-depends.

This decision came after a long discussion with the release team and
ftpmasters. The 6.9 release is tentatively scheduled for October, so we may
have to delay putting 6.9 in to unstable in order to give the rest of the
archive a chance to transition. Then again, that date is very tentative, so
we may make it after all. We seem to be well on track though. I'm going to
coordinate this closely with the release team, so the decision won't be
entirely mine, but I'll keep posing updates to this list as things happen.

 - David Nusinow