Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r568 - trunk/debian

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 04:42 -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
wrote:
> Modified:
>    trunk/debian/changelog
>    trunk/debian/control
> Log:
> libxaw7-dev should depend on libxp-dev. Thanks, Daniel Schepler (closes: #324562).

Um, the entire difference between Xaw7 and Xaw8 is that the former does
not contain Xprint support.  I'm willing to bet that the reason is
because Xaw8 is the preferred version of Xaw, things using XawOnlyLib,
or whatever, will get all the values for Xaw8, because the monolithic
tree only has one -lXaw, unlike the modular tree, which ships with
libXaw6.so.6.x, libXaw7.so.7.x, and libXaw8.so.8.x, as well as
compatibility symlinks.

So, while this fix works, it's theoretically incorrect.