Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r555 - branches/6.9/debian

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:24:41PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Log:
> * Remove xterm references. Upstream is no longer shipping it in the monolith
>   and we've been planning to move to Thomas Dickey's releases as our
>   canonical upstream anyway.

Ender, how are you proceeding with your work on splitting out xterm?
Upstream has already more or less made the decision for us in 6.9, so we
should probably move on it now for both 6.8 and 6.9 trees. If you haven't
got working packages, you can either check in what you have or I can set up
the repo and begin work on it tonight.

This is one of the two main blockers to getting 6.9 packages in
experimental at this point (the other being render/xrender) so I'd like to
try and do it asap.

 - David Nusinow