Re: KM400A issues with new x.org server packages

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 17:14 +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> 	Could you please replace /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
> with the one available in http://www.imfi.kspu.ru/~ejka/libvgahw.a and restart
> X? You may need to restart the whole system to achieve full recovery.
>
>         Please send to debian-x@lists.debian.org the result of this test.
>
>         Best regards,
>

>                 Ender.

OK, after upgrading to latest xserver-xorg, it was still broken (i.e. it
overwrote the last libvgahw.a you sent me with a non-working one). When
I came to the computer today if I switched back and forth to console
screen, the console would end up with random foreground and background
palette changes. I reset the xserver. The green vertical lines were
back. Switching to console mode got rid of the green lines, but the
random palette changes continued.

I got your email and installed this libvgahw.a and restarted X. The
vertical green lines were gone. So it worked. When I switch to the
console I was still getting random palette changes even with the new
patch.

So I rebooted the system as you suggested, and I can no longer reproduce
the random palette changes on the console.

So as far as I can tell, the latest libvgahw.a cures the problem.

-- John.