Upload Status And Quilt Transition

Hi everyone,
   So here's what going on. The gcc maintainers have asked that we wait
until gcc4 is built on all arches and has moved in to testing before we
make our upload. The reason for this is that they don't want gcc and X.Org
to have to move in to testing together, which would make life a pain. So we
have some time on our hands to fix small things before the first upload,
which will happen in a few days time. I've already tested my current
package builds for upgrading from both unstable and the experimental
packages, and they worked fine, so we should be ready to go as soon as gcc4
moves.

   I've started attacking the dbs->quilt transition a bit today. I haven't
managed to get it to build packages, but I did get the patches moved and
have begun incorporating quilt after ripping out dbs. To whet your
appetites, I've attached a graph of all the patch dependencies for the X.Org
tree, as generated by the quilt graph command. I'm going to keep playing
with it, and maybe even get some packages built out of the thing. It'll
hopefully make patch editing a lot faster in the future, without having to
diff the entire tree and copy it twice over just to make a simple fix.

   Also, Eugene, Nathanael, and Julien: if you guys are planning to stick
around and help out with X in the future, I'd love it if you got svn repo
access from Branden. You're all doing great work, and it'll make life a lot
easier on all of us if you could just commit directly without having to
worry about me being around. I do hope you guys decide to stick around,
it's been awesome working with you so far, and I'd really like to keep it
going.

 - David Nusinow