[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

when to upload x.org packages to unstable

This one's listed for -2 in the TODO:
* Finalize all library build/versioning/arrangement decisions as much as
  possible before uploading to unstable, so we don't wreak havoc on the
  world via dpkg-shlibdeps.

But it seems likely that that should be done before the *first* upload
to unstable, for exactly the specified reason!  

Also, what are the plans for integrating with the toolchain change?  There
are a number of C++ programs in the XWindows distribution.  Is the plan to
go through that messy transition *after* going through the X.org
transition?  Could there be advanatages to waiting to upload X.org until it
can be built against the new toolchain?  Or not?

This space intentionally left blank.

Reply to: