Re: Patch audit TODO update [#5]

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:06:37PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> +003_linux.cf_and_xfree86.cf.diff -- NEEDS HELP
> +  -- present under same name (with changes)
> +  -- New patch has a few issues left to check:
> +     * comments indicate that this belongs in the 900-series; but some of it
> +       appears to in fact belong upstream

The idea was to bounce it all into HEAD, but everyone's bored enough with
the monolithic tree now that we don't really care, so we can just live
with it being external and then go straight to 7.0 (I don't care about
6.9).

> +     * Portions appear to be formatting changes and rearrangements
> +       which probably should be dropped if they're not accepted upstream

Does it really matter?

> +     * Fallback definition of NothingOutsideProjectRoot removed;
> +       is this unneccesary due to change in 000_stolen_from_HEAD.diff ?
> +     * A bad m68k kernel assumption is deleted.  Should that be upstream?

If you care about imake, sure.

> +     * Portion not moved to 900-series should be renamed to
> +       003_linux.cf_and_xorg.cf.diff

Yes.

> +003b_xfs_fixes.diff -- NEEDS INFO, probably NEEDS PORTING
> +  -- similar patch present under same name
> +  -- The xfree86 version looks more up-to-date than the xorg version.
> +     But it's possible that the xorg version is the xfree86 version with parts
> +     deliberately removed.  I need to know.  :-)

xfree86 got updates after we forked that I never merged back.