Re: recommendations wanted for new patch management system in xorg-x11

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 06:56:17PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > > You can add
> > >    QUILT_PATCHES="debian/patches"
> > > into your ~/.quiltrc
> >
> > Rock! Thank you!
>
> Which I find concerning -- how do you configure this on a per-package
> level?  So if I do this for xorg, is there any other way to work with
> a package which has their patches in a different directory?

David told that he was using quilt for his own packages, and my reply
was only meaningful in that context, I assumed that he works alone on
his packages.

About your question, a solution is to symlink your directory containing
patches to a toplevel "patches".  This symlink can be managed by hand
or via debian/rules targets.

Denis