found left-handed mouse xmodmap fix

I don't know if this has been solved yet, but I had this problem in Sarge as installed today 2005 March 17:

running xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5" results in strange mouse behaviour (see xev when pressing mouse buttons: primary button sends 1 on press and 3 on release, visa-versa for button 3).

Solution was on FC2 list:

If using mouse on psaux, then comment out generic mouse line in server layout section of XF86Config-4 file. I imagine, that also just changing sendcoreevents option to false might work also.

I don't know if folks who are using usb mice are having this problem also.

I guess this may cause problems with laptops where one may want to use, sometimes, the touchpad, and other times a usb mouse.

Mark McNabb.