Working on packaging modular X.org

Hello,

I'm a developer at freedesktop.org, currently working on the XCB
project.  I'm interested in helping to package the modular X.org bits;
in particular, the individual libraries.

I can easily create some Debian packaging for all the libraries in the
xlibs module; the issue is what to do with that packaging.  I have
upstream commit access, and there is already some Debian packaging in
upstream CVS for a couple of libraries and headers (though it needs some
work).  I'm not sure whether the debian directories should be maintained
in upstream CVS, here at the XSF in SVN, or in some combination of both.

Furthermore, I'd like to ensure that any packages I create can either
coexist with the corresponding XFree86 packages that exist now, or can
replace them entirely and the functionality be turned off in the
monolithic tree.

 I'd like to get some information on how I could best work with the XSF
to package these libraries.

- Josh Triplett