Re: xlibmesa-gl-dev install bug ?

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:36:16AM +0100, Gaël Varoquaux wrote:
>     Hello,
>
>   I am have the same problem almost one year later. I am sorry I did not
> see your reply to my post on the mailing list as I did not realise it
> would not be sent to my email adress. I found it after a bit of googling
> on this bug.
>
>   Apparently this is a common issue (
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/07/msg00563.html ). I cannot
> remember how I worked around this problem a year ago (certainly not a
> clean way). I am wondering if someone had a clean solution.

As noted in the message you cite, the problem is caused by lingering bogus
diversions created by the nvidia-glx package.

I don't think nvidia-glx has this problem anymore, but you might be using
an old version of the package that predates the fix.

Randall Donald, the nvidia-glx package maintainer, may know more.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If existence exists,