Re: New xkeyboard-config package in experimental?

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 08:04:06AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:08:29PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Most problems with PC keyboards should be solved, and I would like
> > to focus now on Apple keyboards.  But this requires major changes,
> > and I do not want to break things now.
> > My plan is to upload xkeyboard-config to experimental, this package
> > is going to replace XKB data files in future XOrg releases.
> > It will conflict with xlibs, will have no dependencies, and be
> > arch: all so that it can be installed on any system.
> >
> > Unless there is any problem with the transition to xorg, I would
> > like to upload and work on it quickly, so please let me know.
>
> Go ahead.  Experimental is experimental -- if there is a problem with
> your package, we can ask the archive admins to remove it.
>
> By the way, do you mind calling it "xkb-data" instead?

Uploaded to experimental via the NEW queue few hours ago, source is
xkeyboard-config and binary is named xkb-data.
This first version Replaces/Provides/Conflicts with xlibs, but I
believe that this does not work because several packages have a
versioned dependency on xlibs.
Any idea to have a working transition from xlibs to xkb-data?

Denis