Re: xfree86_4.1.0-16woody4_alpha.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 07:44:29AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Is there a FAQ somewhere that will tell me why I always get "REJECTED"
> mails from katie after submitting security-fixed packages to the Debian
> Security Team?
>
> I get one for each architecture.
>
> I seem to remember asking Debian Installer
> <installer@ftp-master.debian.org> before, but never getting an answer.

The problem is that stable-security is a separate archive, and requires
a sourceful upload. Give the '-sa' option to dpkg-buildpackage to
overrule the heuristic that says only -1 and -0 packages need to have
their source included.

Also see http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs#s-bug-security
which says to simply mail updated packages to the security team, and to
not normally upload them yourself. A subsection of this section has also
the answer to your question:

| Unless the upstream source has been uploaded to security.debian.org
| before (by a previous security update), build the upload with full
| upstream source (dpkg-buildpackage -sa). If there has been a previous
| upload to security.debian.org with the same upstream version, you may
| upload without upstream source (dpkg-buildpackage -sd).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl