xemacs21: Unable to use dead-keys anymore

reassign 235574 xemacs21 xlibs-data
retitle 235574 xlibs-data: Compose files must use keysyms instead of Unicode codepoints for latin1 characters
tags 235574 + pending
thanks

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Since a few days (can't tell more precisely),

Since your switch to UTF-8? ;)

> I'm unable to enter characters with xemacs (and only with it). For
> instance, trying to enter "ê" with dead-circumflex, then "e", gives me
> "U00EA not defined" and nothing is entered...

This is a known bug in XFree86, en_US.UTF-8 compose files contains U00xx
notation for latin1 characters whereas this is not allowed by the X11
protocol.  Many applications implemented workarounds, which is why few
applications fail to display these combined characters, but this should
be fixed within xlibs-data.  A patch has just been committed.

Denis