Re: X Strike Force XOrg SVN commit: r19 - in xorg/trunk/debian: . scripts

Hi Roland,

Roland Mainz wrote:
| X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
|
|>Author: fabbione
|

|>+* Import and adapt debian/scripts/prune-non-free:
|>+  + update and review debian/copyright file.
|>+  (note xc/programs/Xserver/XpConfig/C/print/models/SPSPARC2/
disappeared from
|>+  upstream)
|>+    19
|>+
|

| The SPSPARC2 model wasn't removed in the Xorg repository and is still
| there in DESTDIR after a % make install # ...

This file was not removed from our Xfree86 tree either, but
SPSPARC2/fonts is now empty. I will correct the note in the CHANGESET to
reflect the correct path.

|>+  6) The Compugraphic and Adobe fonts distributed as part of the XPrint
|>+     server are not licensed at all, and some of the fonts bear no
|>+     copyright information whatsoever.
|>+
|>+         All Rights Reserved.
|>+
|>+    These font files therefore do not satisfy DFSG 1 ("Free
|>+    Redistribution"), DFSG 2 ("Source Code"), or DFSG 3 ("Derived
Works").
|>+
|>+
xc/programs/Xserver/XpConfig/C/print/models/HPDJ1600C/fonts/9nb00051.pmf

| These files are no fonts, they are font metrics information (and the
| copyright notice was just copied over from the original font from the
| converter and does NOT apply to the font metrics files. The converter
| just preserved all context attributes of the font regardless of their
| content). The PMF fonts shipped with Xprint _conform_ 100% to the DFSG
| 1/2/3 specs. This has extensively been discussed in the past.

Do you have any reference I can lookup please?

Thanks
Fabio

- --
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.
<user> fajita: step two
<fajita> When in danger or in doubt, step two is to scream and shout.