Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:54:36PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > Clearly there is some minimal filtering. We are not patch-o-matic robots.
> > > And we take responsabilities for the changes we introduce. Personally if i
> > > don't feel to comfortable in applying a patch, i rather prefer to check it
> > > twice before inclusion. Specially because we will have to maintain it
> > > during the time.
>
> Sounds good, but as a matter of fact, the last couple of uploads all
> contained more or less brown paper bag bugs.

I disagree with this assessment.  The last 2 brown paper bag bugs were in
4.3.0.dfsg.1-3, which was rushed to due to demand from DebConf, and
4.2.1-12 (which was just plain old stupidity).

Each saw prompt uploads to rectify the issue.

If you think something is a brown paper bag, speak up about it.  Noting it
2 weeks after the fact doesn't help us do a fast release.

> It would be nice if those could be dealt with even more promptly, or even
> better prevented from happening in the first place. :)

People actually testing things when they're asked to would help.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is