Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On 01/07/2004 Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > is it required to be 'x strike force' member for uploading xlibs?
>
> No but it is a good idea to:
>
> a) coordinate
> b) work together
> c) read below

sure.

> Probably if you did not notice yet, the users are on top of everything.
> They decide, some of them contributes directly, Branden and I prioritize
> the work, review, test and commit. Upload as last.
>
> Can you spot please what is wrong with it?

sorry, nothing is wrong with that. i just dared to comment on something
i've no glue about. it was no more than my subjective point of view.

> How can you perceive this as a need to revert how things are working?

i refered to daniel stones posting branden quoted. as i already
mentioned - the thoughts where subjective -

> Having only five or six people with SVN commit access does not mean that
> others cannot contribute. If you feel that this is wrong, please explain
> us why.

there's no problem with that. what doesn't mean that some day a problem
occures.

bye
 jonas