Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r1320 - in people/fabbione/trunk/debian: . patches

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:18:32PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > Two files, bdftruncate and ucs2any (perl scripts, part of xutils), and
> > their manpages are installed only when fonts are built and they could be
> > copied directly from $(BUILD_TREE) (unchecked).
>
> I did investigate this last issue too. The two perl script could be easily
> copied to the install dir, but the manpages can't. The latter need to be
> processed and that's still a problem.
>
> I suggest to move these two arch indep files/man pages in another package
> other than xutils. I can't hounestly come up with the perfect solution
> here. The files need to endup in an arch: all package and the actual pkg
> list doesn't have some sort of xfonts-utils or xutils-common.
> I would suggest either to use xfree86-common (even if i know that it is
> NOT perfect) or to create a new package that contains all these small
> scripts like for eg: xutils-common (any name is fine.. get the idea).
>
> Any other good suggestion?

I think the Imakefiles should be fixed so that bdftruncate and ucs2any
are decoupled from the building of the fonts themselves.  I can look
into this.

If this is an issue for the TODO, Fabio, please add it.  I regard it as
your call.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must confess to being surprised
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    by the magnitude of incompatibility