Re: person needed to build and test XFree86 trunk for 4.3.0-3 release

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 04:20:20PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 04:33:28PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > A couple of days ago, James Troup emailed me and asked me to expedite
> > the release of 4.3.0-3, because the library postrm is very hard on the
> > buildds.
> >
> > I agreed.
> >
> > Unfortunately, my primary home box, a Blue & White PowerMac G3, has
> > developed erratic problems with memory over the past couple of says.
> > gcc segfaults non-reproducibly, and Mozilla and the X server have also
> > spontaneously segfaulted.
> >
> > I cannot get 4.3.0-3 built on this machine in this state, so I would
> > like a volunteer (a Debian Developer, for accountability purposes) to
> > build the XFree86 trunk in SVN, revision 1115, and test the resulting
> > packages.
> >
> > Unless you happen to build on powerpc I will be unable to test the
> > packages myself, so I will rely on you to do the testing.  I will sign
> > and upload the packages on your testimony that they test all right.
>
> Well, if nobody steps up, i can do the build this afternoon. I have a
> powerpc box with enough disk space and a 1GHz G4, so it should be ok,
> and so you could test it afterward.
>
> I don't think i have access to your SVN repo though, so if you could
> maybe mail me the .diff.gz, i would be glad to build it.

I am wrong naturally, and found the anonymous access repository, and
will start a build as soon as i have finished building the chroot and
finished the checkout. Once it is built, i will upload the stuff
somewhere you can get access to it and test it before uploading.

Friendly,

Sven Luther