via_drv.o - A Backported XFree86 4.3.x/Debian Driver for VIA Video Chipsets

Hello!

Since apt-get dist-upgrade provided me the long awaited xfree-4.3.0 for
sid this morning, I had to rebuild a driver module for my
not-yet-supported-in-4.3 graphics adapter on my noiseless epia m6000
xterm :-)

As I don't expect debian's xfree-4.3 packages to include it anytime
soon, I decided to properly package it this time (while getting to know
dephelper a bit better...) and finally came up with the stuff in

http://www.hvrlab.org/~hvr/via_drv/

...should there exist already some other easy to use package, then
please ignore this (in that case somewhat embarassing) announcement...
otherwise I hope my work to be useful to others as well :-)

ps: I'm not subscribed to debian-x, so please feel free to CC me...

ps: ...some xfree86 driver development kit for debian might have saved
me some fiddling around... maybe there is one already, and I just didn't
find it?

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel