Re: server fails to recognize hardware

Michel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=E4nzer?= writes...

> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 08:49, Matt Taggart wrote:
> >=20
> > (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> > (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> > (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) fo=
> und
> > (--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9200 5961 (AGP) found
>
> This shows that it recognizes your chip fine; PCI:1:0:1 is the second
> function of the graphics chip PCI device, which the driver doesn't need
> and can be ignored.

OK, I was on the wrong track.  Good to know that's not a problem.

> If there's a real problem, please provide more information.

The problem is no output from X on the DVI. Console output on the DVI works
and console and X output on the analog dsub work.

I've put my config and log files at,

http://lackof.org/~taggart/xf86/

That log is from a test starting the server with only a display connected to
the DVI.(I've tried having the vga connected as well and it doesn't fix the
problem but does change what monitors the server detects obviously)

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org