Re: Re-debconfage

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:50:25PM +0100, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > Hi, I packaged xfree86-driver-synaptics (Touchpad driver for xfree86,
> > it's basically ready, will upload in a couple of days) and I have
> > one question here:
> >
> > is there some magic/modularization/cooperation you can think of to
> > provide some autoconfiguration also for addons/external plugins?
> > (I'm also waiting for ideas to pop up of my head but I'd need to go
> > deeper in xfree debconf scripts).
>
> well, obviously I'm voluteering if I can help, but is there interest in
> implementing such a framework?

Definitely. That'd be very useful, but if X --configure is
DFSG-compliant, then we'll have to see how external plugins can be used
in the system at all. I'm totally unfamiliar with the archictecture of
it, so I'll have to try and wrap my head around it while it's discussed
on -legal. Once that's all panned out, I'll re-spec the configuration as
necessary and start coding again. I'll post something about it then.

 - David Nusinow