Re: KDE starts only as root!

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 06:13:40PM +0100, rgx@gmx.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> weeks ago I installed the newest KDE by means of konstrukt as normal user.
> This worked fine for quite a while - but then suddenly, X wouldn't start
> automatically any more (no default X Server)!
>
> Afer logging in as root, I can start KDE by entering "startx" - and it is
> definitely the same version that I installed as normal user. (Alas, I
> couldn't
> find a way to become another user without restarting the X server)
>
> When I log in as a normal user and enter "startx" then, this is the error
> message I get:

[...]
> Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm sorry, but I've never heard of this build of Debian XFree86
packages.  It looks to me like some third party, possibly
sherpya@netfarm.it, is responsible.

I suggest contacting that person.  The packages you're using were not
producted by the Debian project, and we cannot support them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    Yeah, that's what Jesus would do.