XFree 4.3.0-pre1v6 XVideo Freeze

I tried to use the experimental packages of XFree 4.3.0pre1v6 (same problem in
pre1v5).
My graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9200SE.
When using the xvideo extension the xserver freezes and does not respond to
anything. Only killing it via remote login helps.

Additionally:
I build XFree 4.4.0 (source is 4.4.0rc2) using Waren Turkals work in the XFS
SVN repository ( ported some patches and hacked things together, to get it to
build).
With 4.4.0 XVideo works flawless on my Radeon.

Second, I tested the same 4.3.0-pre1v{5/6} packages on an i810 Chip (kernel
2.6.1) and a Voodoo3-3000 (kernel 2.4.24) and everything works just fine.
(including XVideo and DRI)

I wanted to get back to 4.3.0 to test the fixes for the dri on my radeon
mentioned on this list as this does not work at all on 4.4.0

Any thoughts on this problem?

Greetings
Heiko