Re: partial license audit of XFree86 4.3.0

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:22:05AM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > [8] Except Mr. Demetriou actually uses the 3-clause BSD license on this file:
[...]
> > [9] This file says it is "Borrowed from NetBSD's exec_aout.h", so it may have
> >     since been relicensed "upstream".
>
> Since CGD is a frequent contributor to NetBSD, and he's on my list of
> people I still need to ask about relicensing to 3-clause stuff for the
> NetBSD codebase, I could possibly raise the issue of the XFree86 license
> texts at the same time, if you wish.

Please do.  You have a good relationship with those guys, so I'd be
quite happy if you could do this.

If I asked, I might manage to piss someone off.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.