XFree86 4.3.0 for woody

> after a discussion with Branden on IRC last week, I decided to take up
> the woody part of our XFree86 4.3 packages.
>
> I have working backports (working as in "works for me"), but I need
> some feedback. I uploaded the packages to
> <http://people.debian.org/~nobse/xfree86/woody/>.
>[...]
> - freetype (version in woody too old) is a (build-)dependency for
>   fontconfig
>[...]
> Maybe there's a problem with the backward
> compatibility of freetype.

Unfortunately there is. The KDE 3.2.0 woody backport of Ralph Nolden conflicts
here. He had to backport qt 3.2.x for the KDE and this one is compiled
against the woody libfreetype6 2.0.9. Running libfreetype6 2.1.7 results in
usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol: FT_Seek_Stream

e.g. see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/debian-kde-200402/msg00083.html
__
/oby