2nd mouse

that has been posted to comp.os.linux.x as well.

[I have a second mouse that I want to use for xcwcp Morse code
practice, instead of hurting my usual mouse.  I want to be able to use
both at the same time.]

Ben> Just have both mice. Set [one] of your mice as
Ben> Option "SendCoreEvents" "1"
Ben> You can then use both mice (with both hands, fighting for the cursor ;) ).
Maybe like

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"On"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/ttyS1"
	Option		"Protocol"		"IntelliMouse"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Well, guess what, the first Section is completely ignored, as seen in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log.  X just must find its "Generic Mouse", all
other Mouses are ignored, at least on Debian.  Maybe you know of the
secret Identifier for second mouses.  I couldn't find it on the
XF86Config-4 man page.  Yes, I see the promising "This can be used,
for example, to allow an additional pointer device to generate core
pointer events (like moving the cursor, etc)." But maybe Debian just
finds the Identifier it wants and thats the end of it.  I don't know.
/usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/README.mouse.gz has no examples of two
mice.  The man page says only one CorePointer allowed.  I tried
Identifier "Morse Mouse" instead of Configured Mouse, no help.