Re: debian/patches: 500, 551

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 04:54:40PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> 500_s390_support
> ----------------
> Unchanged.
>
> 551_sh_staticserver_build_fix
> -----------------------------
> Not upstream.  Apparently not in branch patches (though I didn't check
> every single one).  So, apparently needs to be ported.  (Though for all I
> know, sh doesn't need this change any more....)  Should apply unchanged.
> Needs a description of what it does and why, though.

Hmm.  This was added in 4.2.0-0pre1v1.  That's a long time ago.

  * patch #551: new; fix for static server build on sh3/sh4 (ISHIKAWA Mutsumi)

Perhaps ISHIKAWA-san remembers this?

All it appears to do is change the order in which subdirectories are
traversed during the build.  It does this for all architectures if
#DoLoadableServer is NO.

I wonder why this matters only to SuperH.

Anyone?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Please do not look directly into