4.3.0-0pre1v5: Intermittent loss of 3D

Hi,
  Hardware: Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200] on a Dual Athlon MP Tyan S2460
  Installation: Sid with 4.3.0-0pre1v5 from experimental

Hi,
  4.3.0-0pre1v5 seems mostly happy for me (and the sid X was working
fine); but I'm having intermittent 3D problems.  I normally run one of
the OpenGL screen savers and it works OK most of the time, but sometimes
it will suddenly stop working.  I've seen this occur in the middle of an
animation, and also just when I come to launch it next time.

Now, when it has got into this state, if I start glxgears from the
command line I get the window but no contents.  Glxinfo still says
it is running direct.

I've seen this revert to working again without restarting X or anything.
There don't seem to be any errors or messages in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
when this stops working, or in any system logs.

Dave
P.S. xrestop is funky - very nice.

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /